If you’re like me, you love Netflix and all the TV shows and movies it offers.
In fact, since my cable company raised its prices so high, I’ve been dropping channels every month and getting by with Netflix alone.
You may already be familiar with all the ways that Netflix has changed movies and TV shows, but did you know that it’s also changing documentaries?
Here are eight statistics from Netflix and other research on how Netflix has changed documentaries, series, and movies to date.
1) Netflix Subscribers
1. In 2022, there will be an estimated 167 million Netflix subscribers worldwide.
2. This is up from the 155 million subscribers in 2020.
3. The majority of these subscribers are from the United States (60%), followed by Europe (24%), and Latin America (16%).
4. In terms of content, Netflix offers a wide variety of documentaries, series, and movies.
5. However, the company has been particularly known for its documentaries in recent years.
6. Since 2000, documentary filmmakers have increasingly used Netflix as a distribution channel for their films.
2) Netflix Users
In 2022, streaming services like Netflix will account for 60% of internet traffic. This is up from 50% in 2020 and just 30% in 2016.
Netflix has changed the way we watch documentaries, series, and movies.
1. In 2017, Netflix invested $6 billion in content. This is up from $2. 4 billion in 2016.
2. 79% of Americans say they have binge-watched a show on Netflix.
3. 44% of people who use Netflix say it has helped them discover new TV shows or films they wouldn’t otherwise have watched or known about.
4. 46% of American users say that their primary motivation for using Netflix is because it provides an unlimited amount of TV shows and films to watch instantly without commercials at home or on the go.
3) The Average Person Spends 10 Hours Per Week Binge Watching
Netflix has completely changed the way we watch television. No longer are we confined to watching shows when they air on television.
We can now watch whatever we want, whenever we want. And we’re doing just that. The average person spends 10 hours per week binge watching shows on Netflix.
Which means in one year, an individual will spend 1,825 hours (or 277 days) of their life on the platform. In total, a person will spend about 4 years of their life binging TV shows and movies.
Of course, there’s more to this story than just numbers.
When you add up all the time spent by people who don’t have access to television or films but do have access to Internet-connected devices like tablets or smartphones, it adds up to 54 million hours each day.
4) 40% Of All Viewers Are Parents
According to a recent study, 40% of all Netflix viewers are parents. This is a significant increase from previous years, when the percentage was closer to 30%.
The study also found that parents are more likely to watch documentaries and series than movies. This is likely due to the fact that they have less time for leisure activities.
However, it is still possible to find time for movies if they are short or have been recommended by friends. Parents are also more likely to stay up late in order to finish an episode of their favorite show.
In addition, many parents who work outside the home like having a series available for binge-watching during lunch breaks or on weekends.
5) 87 Million People Watch At Least One Episode Every Day
Netflix has changed the way we watch documentaries, series, and movies. In just a few short years, they’ve become one of the most popular streaming services with over 87 million people watching at least one episode every day.
1. In 2017, Netflix invested $6 billion in original content. This is up from $2 billion in 2016.
2. Over 50% of Netflix users say they binge watch shows.
3. New releases on Netflix can get an average of 20 million views per month, which is more than broadcast TV gets.
4. As a result, networks like HBO have started to offer their own standalone subscriptions for cord cutters who want to watch some of their favorite shows without subscribing to cable or satellite TV packages.
5. Streaming customers also spend more time on Netflix than any other streaming service – 65% more time per week than Amazon Prime members and 125% more time per week than Hulu subscribers!
6) 50 Million Americans Use Binge Watching As A Way To Fall Asleep Faster
According to a new study, 50 million Americans use binge watching as a way to fall asleep faster.
The study found that people who watch television for more than two hours before bed are more likely to have difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep.
Binge watching has become increasingly popular in recent years, with Netflix releasing entire seasons of shows at once. This allows viewers to binge watch an entire series in one sitting.
It is no surprise then that Netflix’s dominance over other streaming services has led many people to stop watching traditional TV altogether.
In the last five years, the number of hours of TV watched each day decreased by 12%. In addition, 15% fewer people consider themselves TV junkies now compared to five years ago.
7) Netflix Content
Netflix has changed the way we watch documentaries, series, and movies.
1. In 2022, Netflix will have produced over 2,000 original documentaries, series, and movies.
2. Netflix’s original content budget for 2022 is $15 billion.
3. In 2022, 50% of all homes in the United States will have a Netflix subscription.
4. In 2022, Netflix will have over 167 million subscribers worldwide.
5. There will be more than 30 Netflix originals available on its service every year by 2022.
8) Netflix Competitors
While Netflix has been a game-changer in the realm of digital content, it’s not the only player in the game. Competitors like Hulu and Amazon Prime offer similar services, and sometimes at a lower price point.
What sets Netflix apart is its focus on original content. In the last few years, the company has invested billions of dollars into creating its own movies, series, and documentaries. And it’s paid off – big time.
Netflix has successfully developed several TV shows with cult followings, including Stranger Things and Orange Is The New Black.
They’ve also made some successful films as well, such as The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, which was nominated for Best Picture this year.
After 20 years, Netflix seems to be doing something right. And with a projected worth of $50 billion by 2022 (a 10% increase from their 2017 valuation), it seems they’re here to stay.
9) Netflix Market Position
In 2022, Netflix will be the leading on-demand streaming service with 86. 74 million subscribers in the United States.
The company has changed the way we watch documentaries, series, and movies by creating a platform that is easy to use and accessible to everyone.
1. In 2017, Netflix invested $6 billion in original content which is more than any other US cable network. 2. People watched more than 140 million hours of Netflix every day worldwide in 2016.
3. A third of all internet traffic from homes comes from Netflix – this means it takes up as much as 30% of your monthly data plan!
4. It was reported that 70% of US households subscribed to some form of streaming video in 2015.
5. Around 43% of people have cancelled their cable subscription because they find watching TV shows and movies online easier or cheaper than subscribing to traditional cable.
10) Netflix Employees
Netflix has nearly 8,000 employees across the globe. The company is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, and has offices in 21 countries.
Netflix’s culture is based on four core values: freedom and responsibility, high performance, context not control, and taking risks.
The company has been lauded for its progressive workplace policies, which include unlimited vacation days and fully-paid parental leave.
It’s also one of a few major companies to offer tuition reimbursement for both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
The company uses a data-driven approach to produce hits like Stranger Things and The Crown as well as develop series for non-English markets such as Mexico or Italy.
11) Netflix Revenue In 2022
In 2022, Netflix is expected to bring in $20. 47 billion in revenue. This is up from the $11. 69 billion they brought in just four years ago in 2018.
The majority of this growth is coming from international markets as the company has seen a rapid expansion in recent years.
International subscribers are now expected to account for nearly 60% of the company’s total revenue by 2020. Along with its domestic subscriber base, Netflix will have more than 100 million subscribers by 2020.
If it keeps up its current pace of subscriber acquisition at a rate of 1 million per month, it will reach 200 million global subscribers by 2025.
12) Facts About Netflix
-Netflix has over 150 million subscribers worldwide as of 2020.
-In 2018, they spent $12 billion on content.
-By 2022, they are planning to spend $15 billion on content.
-They have produced over 700 original series and films.
-Netflix is available in over 190 countries. -Netflix memberships can be paid monthly or yearly.
-Every month, Netflix releases a new batch of Top 10 Shows.
-Every year, there is a new crop of Top 10 Kids Shows. -Original programming on Netflix now accounts for more than 50% of all TV viewing time in the US.
-Netflix originals account for 40% of hours watched around the world.
-Netflix operates in two segments: Domestic Streaming and International Streaming.