If you’re a social media manager or owner of an Instagram page,
you already know that it’s one of the most effective ways to reach potential customers and grow your brand’s reputation.
But in order to stay ahead of the curve, you have to know what to expect over the next few years,
including where your followers are going to come from, what type of content they’ll be most likely to engage with,
and how your competitors are likely to use the platform moving forward.
Here are eight Instagram statistics that will make you rethink your social strategy in 2022 and beyond.
1) There will be 2 billion active users
In 2022, there will be 2 billion active users on Instagram.
This social platform has a lot to offer businesses and individuals alike.
With great reach, account management tools, and videos, Instagram is a powerful marketing tool.
Here are some interesting facts about its active users:
- Of the 1 billion active monthly users, 500 million use Instagram daily.
- 80% of users follow at least one business on Instagram.
- The average person spends 27 minutes per day on Instagram-that’s more than any other social media site!
2) There will be 3 billion posts every day
According to a study done by Business Insider, in 2022 there will be 3 billion posts made on Instagram every day.
That’s a lot of content!
And with so much content being created, it can be hard to make your account stand out.
But don’t worry, we’ve got some tips to help you get the most out of your Instagram account.
Here are four things you should do:
- Video marketing is becoming more and more popular because video content has higher engagement rates than photo posts.
- Think about what type of business you’re running and create an account tailored for that demographic.
- Posting every day is what a lot of people recommend.
- But depending on your industry, you might find it better to post three or four times a week.
- If you want to grow your account, focus on posts that bring value to your followers.
3) 500 million business profiles will exist
In just a few short years, the number of business profiles on Instagram has exploded.
By 2023 , there will be an estimated 500 million business profiles and a 60% increase in businesses using Instagram Stories for marketing.
There are over 1 billion monthly active users on Instagram and it is one of the most popular social media platforms that brands use to reach their audience.
Brands can create posts with different types of content including videos, stories, photos and direct messages.
Brands can also promote their content through sponsored posts or by creating ads to post within people’s feeds.
4) 95% of brands won’t be able to measure ROI of IG ads
Though many brands are using Instagram for advertising, very few will be able to measure the return on investment of those ads.
Why? Because customers don’t usually make a purchase after seeing an ad on Instagram.
They may, however, follow the brand’s account or engage with a post.
The best way to use this feature is by posting relevant and informative content that captures customer attention.
5) Real engagement will become more valuable than fake followers
As we move into 2022, more businesses will be more cautious about which accounts they want to interact with.
The number of business accounts on Instagram is steadily increasing.
Customers expect that social media sites are policed for spam and fake followers so this can affect their opinion of the company’s legitimacy.
The more real your reach, engagement and even video views are,
then it’s likely that you will gain more customers and business partners with your page.
6) Stories will eat up the feed and drive traffic away from page posts
In 2022, customers will continue to demand more content in the form of stories.
In fact, stories will make up the majority of content on Instagram.
This means that businesses will need to rethink their social strategy.
They’ll need to produce more engaging and creative video content.
And they’ll need to do a better job of managing their accounts.
7) A new generation of influencers will be born
In 2022, a new generation of social media users will come of age.
This group will be more brand-conscious and strategic in their use of social media.
They will have more followers and be more active users than any other group before them.
As a result, businesses will need to rethink their social media strategy to reach this demographic.
Video marketing will play an increasingly important role in reaching customers on social media as the medium becomes more popular with the younger crowd.
Instagram’s algorithms are also changing,
giving brands an edge when it comes to customer reach and business account management on the platform.
8) Data on every user’s spending habits will become available
In 2022, data on every user’s spending habits will become available.
This information will be a valuable tool for businesses to understand their customers better and target them more effectively.
Additionally, this data will help brands measure the success of their marketing campaigns and adjust their strategies accordingly.
Finally, this data will also be useful for account and video management, as well as for story posts and marketing in general.